Monday, August 6, 2018

Value

For the longest time, I've been telling my boss: "I do not think that my work is important enough to be considered as proper work... I actually do not see the value in the work that I do."

I think no one actually understands why I feel that way. Different perspectives, I get it but this feeling has been overwhelming I'm beginning to convince myself that I'm doing shit jobs.

I decided to speak to people - my boss, my ex-boss, reading online articles, Google and listen to podcasts, whatever...

I've figured out how my brain choose what it chose now.

At my age, something that is "just a job" just doesn't interest me anymore.

When I took on a particular piece of work, subconsciously, I put a value to that piece of work.

In my current role, there are no tasks which are of utmost importance which could make or break a business. Mostly, no-brainer. I am not challenged on a daily basis. My brain is not in use. Therefore, all the tasks are auto-classified as low or no value.

Taking on tasks and working hard is not enough. Going in the right direction is key too.

Looking at the type of tasks I'm doing, the end goal/direction is merely "Completed".

The world halts. I die a little more each day.

I'm not actually looking for crazy or high complexity work with superficial gains and rewards.
A meaningful job would really be great.